Before you proceed any further ensure you have the following details available:
- Username (the email address you wish to configure)
- Password (you will need to set this in cPanel)
Additionally if using manual setup:
- Mail Server (used for both incoming and outgoing mail)
- Port selection (dependent on whether you’re configuring with or without SSL)
If you are missing any of the information listed above, resolve that first prior to continuing any further.
Without the correct password you won’t get very far, so to ensure you’re on the right track navigate to the web-mail for the account you’re configuring.
To automatically configure the mailbox on your computer review this guide:
Follow along with the video below to set up your new mailbox.
Feel free to pause and rewind as necessary if you need to review a step in more detail.
Once you’ve finished configuring the mailbox, try sending to an external address (such as Gmail or Hotmail) to confirm you can send mail, then reply back to that email to test inbound mail. If both work correctly then you’ve followed the steps correctly and mail is working as expected
This article will help you answer the following questions:
- How do I configure email for Mac
- How do I setup email on Mac Mail
- How to setup email accounts on a Mac