There are situations where you may only want to host your sub-domain with us and not your actual website. For example, you may have a website at www.example.com, but you want to host a WordPress blog with us at blog.example.com that is separate from the main site.
To do this, follow these steps.
- Sign up for a hosting account as normal, using your actual domain name (ie. yourdomain.com.au).
- Once the account has been setup and you’ve been sent the welcome email, login to cPanel.
- Once in cPanel, go to “Domains” -> “Sub-Domains”.
- Enter the sub-domain you wish to use (ie. blog).
- The document root with default to “public_html/blog”, but this needs to be changed.
- As we have already installed WordPress for you in the “public_html” root directory, just make sure only “public_html” is entered.
You will then be able to browse to WordPress in your web browser as normal to continue building your website.